Loaded from file:/C:/Users/stanie/e-legislation-pilot/ELI_Model/eli.owl
- dcterms:creator "ELI task force" @en
- preferredNamespacePrefix "eli"
- rdfs:comment "Transposition of the ELI metadata fieldsds into an OWL ontology.
See the classes "LegalResource", "LegalExpression" and "Format" as entry points.
***** Notes *****
- The ELI ontology reuses the property names from the Metalex ontology (http://www.metalex.eu/) to express the FRBR skeleton hierarchy : is_realized_by/realizes, is_embodied_by/embodies, is_exemplified_by. This wording is also the one used in the original FRBR specifications. However, the decision has been made _not_ to align to the Metalex class names (BibliographicWork, BibliographicExpression, BibliographicManifestation), because ELI is specifically about publishing legal metadata on the web, and not structuring legal content in any document.
- Since published_in property has been made into a Literal, it is not possible to declare explicitely "publishes" as an inverse property.
- first_date_entry_in_force and date_no_longer_in_force could be subproperties of dcterms:date
- a class could be introduced for URI schemas to implement the URI schema registry
***** Version History *****
* 1.0 *
- added a set of values for the InForce table
- added definitions to tables
- minor fixes in definitions
- added rdfs:seeAlso from properties to corresponding tables
- cleaned the "whyThisIsNeeded" annotation
* 0.6.1 *
- fixed typos in definitions
* 0.6 *
- imported skos rather than redeclaring skos classes and properties
- changed domain of in_force, first_date_entry_into_force, date_no_longer_in_force to [LegalResource or LegalExpression] instead of LegalResource
- changed domain of language, title, title_short, title_alternative to LegalExpression instead of [LegalResource or LegalExpression]
- reworked the tables : don't use country and resource type tables from MDR, but declare local tables.
- integrated new definitions for all classes and properties
* 0.5 *
- Renamed "Interpretation" into "LegalExpression" (and modified comments accordingly)
- Renamed the structural FRBR relations in accordance with Metalex ontology :
- is_legal_resource_of becomes "is_relaized_by"
- has_legalresource becomes "realizes"
- is_interpretation_of becomes "is_embodied_by"
- has_interpretation becomes "embodies"
- file becomes "is_exemplified_by"
- file has been made a subproperty of "has exemplar of manifestation" instead of "dc:hasPart"
- relevant_for is no more considered mandatory. Deleted comment that stated "we are seeking a way to express that relevant_for must have at least one value for LegalResource or one of its LegalInterpretation".
* 0.4.1 *
- Added "publishes" property
- Enriched the note on "transposes" and "transposed by" to indicate they must point to / be expressed on LegalResource" @en
- rdfs:label "ELI Metadata Ontology" @en
- rdfs:seeAlso http://data.europa.eu/eli/ontology#LegalResource
- owl:versionInfo "1.0"